Brent Weeks Grabbed My Attention

Not long ago the library purchased Brent Weeks' The Night Angel Trilogy.
It seemed to be a pretty straight forward Apprentice / Assassin story
when the characters suddenly had a depth of character not always found in Fantasy SF.
For crying out loud the people weren't black and white; right and wrong; good and bad.
Yikes! Too real! Too human!
I loved every minute of every book in the trilogy.
1. The Way of Shadows 2. Shadow’s Edge 3. Beyond the Shadows

Richard

2 comments:

  1. I loved this one too. My mom got us the first one and i had to go out and by the next two! I think that was how I spent a solid couple of days during the summer. Very fun world to go to and very complex characters.

    LN

    ReplyDelete
  2. LN,
    Too rare are the conflicted characters like the denizens of Mr Weeks' books.
    R

    ReplyDelete