The Steampunk Chronicles / Kady Cross / Books 1 & 2

Got lost in YA the other day
Came up for air after two and a half fast reads

Kady Cross knocked me out
Book 1 The Girl in the Steel Corset
Starts with a bang
It opens with the novella; I had read on a device
The Strange Case of Finley Jane

Finley is introduced
Her uniqueness is revealed
Her character is defined
You are left wanting
More Please

I burned through the book immediately
Other unique friends are boarded
Plot thickens and knuckles whiten
Loads of excitement

Book 2's title teases
The Girl in the Clockwork Collar
Leaving London for Manhattan
The social dynamics change
It is America after all

A new villain
A new plot
Finley Jane is getting comfortable with her uniqueness
The other players become more complex
The Steampunk Chronicles are off and running

I forgot to mention
The publisher is Harlequin Teen
The romantic tensions are a delight
If you are old and think of Harlequin like me
This book will change your thinking, utterly

Music
New to the collection
The Avett Brothers
I and Love and You (2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment